|| || |
A High Contrast Correspondence Film. A Science Non-Fiction Fairy Tale. Co-Produced with Lori Felker.
Things are never as polarized as they appear -
Circling and searching, falling and landing, entering and exiting; actuality lies between seasons, states, planes and worlds.
| || |
Correspondents: Robert Todd (Boston) and Lori Felker (Chicago)
- RT and LF shoot together, same location, two cameras.
- Retreating to their respective home bases, RT sends LF a roll of film, giving her no parameters for shooting.
- RT shoots while LF shoots.
- LF sends RT her film for processing.
- RT sends LF a copy of their processed film rolls.
- RT and LF watch the film copies simultaneously while on the phone.
- Repeat 4 times.
- Last round: each shoots a roll in his/her own city, then they meet in one location with these shot rolls in hand, which they swap and double-expose without revealing the contents of the original exposure.
- RT and LF meet to edit together three times, and within this timeframe they concoct a title for the project.
- RT and LF meet once more to create the soundtrack as a live performance.
a Bit / Back
to Film Listing
(January 2011) 16mm 14:00
CAST: Lori Felker
Processed and Printed at Cine Labs